xAP X10 Connector
There are currently two X10 connectors available for xAP
This is available in console, service and gui forms from http://www.edjo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/edward/xAP/X10/x10_main.htm
This project is a connector service that translates between the worlds of a xAP network and an X10 powerline control network. It makes use of a CM10 or CM11 unit that is plugged into the powerline on one side and the PC's serial port on the other.
- Two way translation between X10 powerline signals and xAP X10 schema
- Two way translation between X10 powerline signals and xAP BSC schema v1.3
- Developed as a plugin module for xAPFramework.net runtimes allowing operation as a GUI application, command line application and a Windows service
- GUI configuration screens for general preferences and BSC/X10 address mapping (when run as a GUI appliation)
- BSC schema operation hides details of X10 addressing from the xAP network making X10 devices behave like any xAP BSC device
- Powerline command optimiser ensures the most efficient sequence of X10 commands is used to implement commands from the xAP network
- Specific algorithms for plug-in and DIN X10 modules use the most appropriate X10 commands for each module's capabilities.
The plugin code is packaged along with the required xFx runtime for each of the deployment types. Each is delivered as a Windows installer application.
Note that, as with other xFx applications, you will need to use the GUI version to edit the configuration files so this version is the best place to start. Also available is a .zip file that contains just the files for the X10 plugin. Use this version if you are already using one of the xFx applications that use the xFx runtimes - eg, the xAP Slimserver Connector connector or the RedRat connector - and you want to run the X10 connector alongside them in the same application.
The second uses a CM12U and is available from
- How do I turn a light on or off using the X10 connector? X10 On Off
- How do I schedule an event to perform an X10 action? X10 Schedule Event
- Basic Status and Control BSC