xAP Homeseer Plugin
What is it?
While the features of the plugin are many, simply put, it enables any xAP device to control [www.HomeSeer.com HomeSeer] and for HomeSeer to be able to control any xAP Device. Most of the basic stuff is done automatically and when things require a little user input, like the new hardware wizard, they are done as simply as possible. This is not to say the plugin only does the basic stuff, there is scripting support, raw xAP variables, event sequences and much more.
What it does - The full spec
- Supports 2 remote X10 interfaces via xAP with routing
- Any change to any device is output over xAP
- Wizard based install of virtual devices for detected xAP hardware
- Allows xAP commands to control HomeSeer. These include changing any device, launching an event and tts.
- Text to speech support both HomeSeer formatted messages and the general tts schema used by xAP speech.
- Full support for xAP basic status and control. This applies to all HomeSeer devices not just those created from this plugin. This gives you full control over any device from any HomeSeer plugin as well as internal ones.
- All the databases that the plugin uses to process are all web updateable via a simple click.
- Event sequence editor. Many xAP messages can be sent on one event. These events are triggered from within the standard HomeSeer event system so can be based on time, email, voice etc. You can also trigger command line apps as part of the sequence.
- Infra Red xAP sequences. On receipt of an IR xAP message the plugin can generate many other xAP messages or command line triggers.
- Device change sequences. When any HomeSeer device changes a sequence of events is run.
- All of the above sequences are made in an easy to use gui. You don't need to know anything about xAP to use them, for example to make a slimp3 pause you first pick slimp3 from a drop down list and then pause, that's it!
- Any element of any of the sequences can contain information from any other device or any HomeSeer global variable.
- You can send a xAP message from a HomeSeer script by a simple 1 line command
- As well as creating devices based on xAP data there is also a table of xAP variables that can be used. Once data is loaded in these variables they can be used as part of any of the xAP event sequences (IR, device change and regular HomeSeer events)
- All the xAP variables are available as HomeSeer global variables for use within HomeSeer scripts.
Thanks go to all those who helped test it out :-)
Download from mi4.biz
Guides and howtos here